Pullela Gopichand started to make a mark in the sport by the age of 13 and has made his family & country proud by winning:
- Arjuna Award in the year 2000.
- Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the year 2001.
- Padma Shree Award for the year 2005.
- Dronacharya Award for the year 2009.
- Padma Bhushan Award for the year 2015.
- Coach of the Year 2019 at Sportstar Aces Awards.
- Mentor of the Year 2019 at TOISA.
- Iconic Sports Leader of the Decade’ at the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards.
- Bestowed upon an Honorary Doctorate by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Also, Gopichand has been awarded by International Olympic Committee as IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award Coach of the year 2019. He is the first Indian Coach to receive an honorable mention in the male category of the prestigious 2019 International Olympic Committee’s Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of role he played in the development of the game in the country.
The IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Awards is an initiative of the IOC Athletes’ Entourage Commission to recognize outstanding achievements and contributions a coach has made to develop and encourage athletes in line with the Olympic values in summer or winter Olympic sports.
Pullela Gopichand is also a popular professional motivational speaker who is always appreciated for his keynote content & stories which are not only inspiring and practical but also have applications in leadership, growth-mindset, change, teamwork, and overall inspiration.