Amitabh Kant is presently India’s G20 Sherpa. The G20 or the Group of Twenty is a forum where policymakers of industrialized and developing economies meet to discuss key issues in the global economy. The G20 countries account for 85% of global GDP, 75% of world trade and about two-thirds of the world’s population.
Amitabh Kant is a governance reformer and a public policy change agent for India, having driven key reforms and initiatives during his tenure as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) (2016-2022) and the Secretary of the Department for Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) (2014-2016), Government of India. He has been a key driver of flagship national initiatives such as Startup India, Make in India, Incredible India, Kerala: God’s Own Country and the Aspirational Districts Program. These initiatives have repositioned India and Kerala and have widely been recognized as transformational.
• Economic Times Policy Change Agent of the Year Award
• Bloomberg TV Personality of the year Award
• NDTV Administrator of the year Award
• Distinguished Fellowship of the Institute of Directors.
• He is the recipient of One Globe Award-2016 for leadership in Transforming Governance for the 21st Century.
• He is also the recipient of Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship awarded by the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
• India Today's High & Mighty rankings of 2019 featured Kant as one of the most powerful people in India under the category of "The Supercrats - India's Top Bureaucrats".